Today Rob de Veij released an update of his excellent tool called RVTools. We are up to version 3.2 already. You can find the update on the RVTools website. RVTools is an essential tool for every vSphere Admin. It allows you to report on the most important aspects of your virtual infrastructure, but probably the most important ones are limits / reservations / VMware tools. Seriously give it a try and you will be surprised with what you might find. I have used it in many environments and always managed to discover inconsistencies… Thanks again for the great work Rob!
These are the changes in version 3.2:
- New tabpage with distributed switch information
- New tabpage with distributed port information
- It’s now possible to export a single tabpage to an excel file from the command line
- It’s now possible to save the filter. The next time RVtools is started it will use the filter automatically.
- Bugfix: On vSnapshot tab the displayed filename and filesize are not always correct
- Bugfix: Improved exception handling on vPort tab
This is a fantastic tool I use every day vsphere houskeeping works. It saves me a lot of time by not having to create scripts for these lists!
Great work again Rob! Keep up the good work!