Right after we finished recording the Virtually Speaking Podcast on the topic of VMware Tools (Listen to it, great episode featuring Pete, John, William Lam and myself) yesterday I received an email from Rob. Rob mentioned an update to RVTools, bringing it now to version 3.11.6. As I mentioned on the podcast, RVTools has been around for 10 years now, what an achievement! Insane number of downloads, but understandable as it is very useful for anyone and everyone running a VMware environment. If you never looked at it, download it today, I am sure you will find various inconsistencies or issues, we all have! So, what changed in 3.11.6?
Version 3.11.6 (March, 2019)
- Upgraded RVTools solution to use VMware vSphere Management SDK 6.7U1
- Windows Authentication Framework (Waffle) is no longer used by RVTools
- NPOI .NET library for creating excel export files is no longer used by RVTools
- RVTools now uses OpenXML and ClosedXML for creating the excel export files
- Performance improvements for export to excel
- added -ExcludeCustomAnnotations switch to RVTools command line interface
- added –DBColumnNames switch to RVTools command line interface
- vInfo tab page new column: Creation date virtual machine
- vInfo tab page new columns: Primary IP Address and vmx Config Checksum
- vInfo tab page new columns: log directory, snapshot directory and suspend directory
- dvSwitch tab page new columns: LACP name, LACP mode and LACP loadbalance Algorithm
- vNIC tab page new column: Name of uplink port
- vNetwork tab page new column: Network Adapter DirectPath I/O Parameter
- vHost tab page new columns: Serial number and BIOS vendor
- Header row and first column in export Excel file are now locked.
- First “Select” column is removed from excel worksheet vFloppy, vCD and vTools.
- added a new executable to merge your vCenter xlsx files super-fast to one xlsx file.
RVToolsMergeExcelFiles.exe -input c:\temp\AA.xlsx;c:\temp\BB.xlsx -output c:\temp\AABB.xlsx -template c:\temp\mytemplate.xlsx -verbose –overwrite
- Example script RVToolsBatchMultipleVCs.ps1 is changed. It will now uses RVToolsMergeExcelFiles to merge the xlsx files.
- Bug Fix: a Single Sign On problem solved
- Bug Fix: ExportvSC+VMK2csv command was not working
- Bug Fix: ExportdvPort2csv command was not working
- Bug Fix: On vNIC tabpage not all Switch/dvSwitch information was displayed
- Bug Fix: Export now reflect value of “Latency Sensitivity” enumeration
- Bug Fix: After changing the preference settings the data is not always refreshed as needed
- Bug fix: Content Libraries vmdk files are no longer reported as possible zombie files