For those wanting to play with Virtual SAN (VSAN) and vSphere Flash Read Cache (vFRC / vFlash), the compatibility guides are being updated at the moment. Hit the following URL to find out what is currently supported and what not:
- For vSphere Flash Read Cache:
- Select “VMware Flash Read Cache” from the drop down list titled “What are you looking for”.
- Hit “update and view results”
- For Virtual SAN:
- Select “Virtual SAN (beta)” from the drop down list titled “What are you looking for”
- Select “ESXi 5.5” and click “Next”
- Select a category (server, i/o controller, hdd, ssd), at the time of writing only server was available
- Select the type of Server and click next
- Now a list is presented of supported servers
I know both lists are short today, this is an on-going efforts and I know many vendors are now wrapping up and submitting their test reports, more to be added over the course of the next couple of weeks so keep on coming back to the compatibility guide.