I was doing some testing with vCenter Server 5.1.0b this Wednesday and Thursday and just noticed it was released today. Those who were experiencing time-out issues with the web client or were unable to login to the web client using a non-standard UPN as an AD user will want to check this release out.
Full release notes can be found here. I did the upgrade using the upgrade repository iso: VMware-vCenter-Server-Appliance-126.96.36.19900-947940-updaterepo.iso. Very useful if you do not have direct access to the internet from your vCenter Server Appliance. Steps are straight forward:
- Attach ISO to your vCenter Appliance
- Login to: https://<vcenter server ip>:5480
- Click the “Update” tab
- Click “Settings”
- Select “Use CDROM updates”
- Click “Status”
- Click “Check updates” under “Actions”
- Now it should say that a new version has been found and hit “Install updates” under “Actions”!