I was just checking the sales numbers of the vSphere 5.1 Clustering Deepdive and 90% of all vSphere 5.1 Clustering Deepdive books sold on Amazon are e-book copies. Both Frank and I are heavy supporters of e-books and hence the reason we priced all of our books aggressively. Just some facts for the 5.1 book:
- 100 pages extra content
- Stretched Cluster section added and Storage DRS section fully rewritten
- Over 3000 copies sold in under two weeks (wooohooooooooooo)
- Over 200 paper copies sold at VMworld
- Available on paper for just $ 24.95
- Available as an ebook for just $ 7.49
(location based pricing so may vary)
- Yes this book contains all 5.0 info with call-outs to what has changed in 5.1!
While we are at it, I just enabled the vSphere 5.0 Clustering Deepdive book for the Kindle Lending Library. But for $ 4.99 you can’t really go wrong. The 4.1 HA/DRS Deepdive is still available for only $ 0.99, and there might just be another opportunity to pick it up for $ 0.- next week between the 11th and the 13th of September.
Does the regular paper book have 100 pages of extra content or does the ebook only have it.
Plus the ebook is only in kindle edition – no pdf?
I got the paper book as i dont have a kindle but I wouldn’t like it if the 100 extra pages werent there.
Both the ebook and paper version have it.
There is no PDF version.