I was recently invited to join the vSphere Breakroom Chats video series and had a lot of fun with Shobith going over the various challenges customers are seeing, but of course, also discussing the benefits for customers when running these workloads on a virtualized platform. Wanted to use my blog at least to share the outcome of our discussion with all readers. Just watch it below, or go to this link and watch it on youtube directly. We discussed the following topics:
- Benefits of containers and why they are so entrenched in the IT industry.
- Challenges that enterprises are facing in scaling containers in their environment
- How is Kubernetes solving these issues faced by enterprises? And how VMware is helping IT admins with this?
- The future direction of Kubernetes and microservices technology
- Tips for IT professionals wanting to educate themselves on Kubernetes, containers, and microservices.
If you have a podcast by the way, or you have a youtube channel and would like me to be a guest, don’t hesitate to reach out. Always happy to join for a fun conversation!