For those that are still using 3.0.2 and are not looking to upgrade to 3.5 U2 yet, VMware just released 3.0.3! Don’t expect new features to popup. Version 3.0.3 is mainly about compatability and patches:
Newly supported processors are:
- Quad-Core AMD Opteron 8300 series and 2300 series processor families (collectively code-named Barcelona)
- Dual-core Intel Xeon 5200 series processors (code-named Wolfdale)
Upgraded drivers are:
- igb driver version 1.0.0
- Broadcom 5722 tg3 driver version upgraded from 3.43.to 3.58b
- Emulex lpfc driver version upgraded to 7.3.2_vmw10
Guest Operating Systems
Newly supported guest operating systems are:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Data Center Edition
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.1
Enhanced Patch and Upgrade Management
Significant improvements to the following patch management utilities:
- esxupdate Utility – Support for super-bundle and rollup features in esxupdate.
- Support for VMware Update Manager.
Update for service console from RHEL3 U8 to RHEL3 U9.
Support for new versions of Management Agents:
- HP Insight Manager 8.1
- Dell OpenManage Server Administrator 5.4
- IBM Director 5.20 Update 1
Support for additional backup software from third-party vendors:
- EMC Networker Version 7.4 SP1
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Version 5.5
A significant number of issues have been fixed. Some of these issues have been described in Resolved Issues in this Release.