As I have been posting more regularly on the ESXi Chronicles blog I figured it made sense to make people aware of the series of articles I produced like I did last time. These are the articles I recently published, check them out as I feel they are worth reading. Also note that many of the “Ops Changes” articles will be rolled up in to an official whitepaper that will be published on the Tech Resources section of the VMware website.
- VMTN Podcast about Transitioning to ESXi
- Scratch partition best practices for USB/SD booted ESXi?
- Need to install 100s of ESXi hosts?
- Is your environment secure?
- The missing link for scripted installs, adding your ESXi host to vCenter
- Scripted install with ESXi
- Cool PowerCLI script for backing up the ESXi System Image
- Ops changes part 8 – Logging in, Auditing and Log files
- Ops changes part 7 – Upgrading Firmware
- Ops changes part 6 – Quick troubleshooting tips
- Ops changes part 5 – Scratch partition
- Ops changes part 4 – Injecting or installing drivers
- Ops changes part 3 – Local disk vs USB vs BFS
- Ops changes part 2 – Scripted installation
- Ops changes part 1 – Introduction
I hope my efforts with regards to smoothing the transition to ESXi are helpful so far. If there are any specific areas which you feel need to be covered feel free to leave a comment and I will try to cover asap.