Yellow Bricks is a personal Blog about virtualization(mostly VMware related) maintained by me, Duncan Epping. The name is derived from an Arctic Monkeys song, Old Yellow Bricks. Yellow Bricks are solid but flexible at the same time because you can build virtually anything. Same goes for virtualization, it provides you with a firm foundation while gaining flexibility at the same time. Yellow Bricks, building blocks for virtualization.
Short introduction used on other sites like LinkedIn. :
Chief Technologist working for VMware R&D in the Emerging Solutions organization. Main responsibility is exploring new possibilities with existing products and features, researching new business opportunities for VMware through prototyping new solutions or products. I specialize in Software Defined Storage and business continuity / disaster recovery / availability solutions, and have three patents pending. I am a start-up technical advisor. (CloudPhysics) In this role I provide strategic guidance for product and company direction. I also provide guidance around go-to-market strategy. I am a VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX007) and the main author and owner of the leading VMware/Virtualization blog Yellow-Bricks.com which has been voted number 1 blog for the sixth consecutive time by the virtualization community. Had the honor to have been listed as one of the most influential people within the virtualization industry.
- #1 in the top 25 virtualization blogs 2014 on vSphere-land.com
- #1 in the top 25 virtualization blogs 2013 on vSphere-Land.com
- Listed in the top 10 Cloud Computing Experts on twitter by Thomson Reuters
- #1 in the Top 25 virtualization blogs 2012 on vsphere-land.com
- Listed in the Top 50 IT blogs 2011
- Listed as the most influential virtualization blogger
- #1 in the Top 25 virtualization blogs 2011 / 2010 / 2009 /2008 on vsphere-land.com
Disclaimer: The views expressed anywhere on this site are strictly mine and not the opinions and views of VMware.