There’s a brand new version of VMware Studio coming up. For those who aren’t familiar with VMware Studio it basically comes down to this: with VMware Studio you can create your own virtual appliances.
Or as VMware puts it:
VMware Studio provides mechanisms for authoring, on-site management, distributing and deployment of production-ready virtual appliances. ISVs, hardware appliance vendors, and developers use VMware Studio to configure and package their solutions in a standards-based Open Virtualization Format (OVF). VMware Studio also enables software providers and developers to leverage the industry’s leading virtualization platform, VMware Infrastructure, and offers built appliances all the great management services that VMware Infrastructure delivers.
- Windows Support (32 bit and 64 bit) 2003 & 2008 Server
- Create multi-VM vApp and multi-VM VA
- 64 bit support for SLES 10.2, RHEL 5.2 & 5.3, CentOS 5.2 & 5.3
- Extensible in-guest Management Framework
- OVF 1.0 support
- Eclipse Plugin
- Enable ESX, ESXi, VC, Server 2.0 and Workstation as provisioning engine
- Automatic Dependency Resolution (Static)
- Publish OVF to VC
- Infrastructure enhancements – GUI and Builds
- Studio-created VM as Input
There’s more info to be found here.