VMware just released a new version of the ESX 3.5 ISO according to their download site. The release notes haven’t been update yet so unfortunately I can’t tell you what’s included, but my guess would be the patches released on the 17th of January.
Latest Released Version: 3.5.0 | 02/20/08 | 64607 | 565 MB
There are no new patches available for 3.5 at the moment, but they did patch 3.0.x and the following is fixed in these patches(8 patches for 3.0.2, over 140MB):
- Security Update to the Samba Package
- Security Updates to the Python Package
- Fix for aacraid SCSI Driver Security Issue
- Virtual Machines on the ESX Server host do not power ON automatically
- ESX Server host might stop responding when a CD-ROM drive is accessed
- iSCSI LUNs in the pass-through mode might cause the ESX Server host to stop responding
- Fixes for Remote-Console Black-out, OpenSolaris Boot Delay, Duplicate Packet Issue; Support for Virtual Machines to Share Generic SCSI Devices
- Fixes for VMware Tools Installer
By the way I signed in on the patch/updates email and haven’t received anything yet… Did any of you guys receive anything?