I have a whole bunch of VMUGs on the agenda in the upcoming month that I wanted to inform you about. For those who have never been to a VMUG, they are “user group” meetings where usually you see community people presenting and vendors presenting. The setting is a bit more informal which allows you to have discussions with fellow users during breaks, ask questions during session and meet up with people from VMware and other vendors who attend. In the upcoming weeks I will be delivering sessions at my favourite VMUGs in the world, if you are in the neighbourhood make sure to attend. These are free events, so you just need to free up some time from work to attend. If you do attend, don’t hesitate to stop by to say hi!
- Thursday November 12th – Italy VMUG – Milan / Italy
- Awesome event in a great city with people like Lee Dilworth, Chad Sakac and Vaughn Stewart. I can ensure you that this is going to be a great event. A lot of the sessions will be in English by the way, judging by the people who are presenting. Also, what I love about Italy is the passionate community they have, one of those events where I spend talking to users/partners/customers and bloggers most of my time.
- Thursday November 26th – Scottland VMUG / Edinburgh
- Although this is a “smaller” event it doesn’t mean the agenda isn’t top notch. With Joe Baguley delivering the keynote and people like Paul Nothard, Robbie Jerome and Andy Jenkins from VMware presenting this is going to be a great day.
- Tuesday December 1st – Nordics VMUG (Denmark) (Usercon)
- Keynote by Paul Strong and a line-up of great speakers like William Lam, Paudie O’Riordan, Cormac Hogan, Ole Agesen, Christian Mohn and Joerg Lew. Strongest line-up I have seen in a very very long time at an event with a very interesting closing speaker which is the first Danish astronaut Andreas Mogensen. I expect this event will fill up, so register today! Most sessions will be in English, so whether you are from Sweden, Finland, Norway or Germany… you can’t miss out on this one!
So if you live close to any of these VMUGs, I expect to see you there. I will be delivering a session on VSAN at each of these events and are more than happy to talk about anything else before or after my session. I will also bring some cool Captain VSAN stickers for those who want to pimp their laptops / office etc. Hope to see you all there.