For those like me who love reading research papers by developers you might want to head over to labs.vmware.com as today a new version of the VMware Technical Journal was released, the summer 2013 edition. You can download it as a PDF on the website, or you can read the individual articles straight in your web browser. Below you can find the Table of Content, and the titles convinced me that these are worth reading. Personally I found the “Redefining ESXi IO Multipathing in the Flash ERA” very interesting… but I suggest you read all of them as it typically gives a good hint of what VMware engineering is working on now / or in the future!
- Memory Overcommitment in the ESX Server
- Redefining ESXi IO Multipathing in the Flash Era
- Methodology for Performance Analysis of VMware vSphere under Tier-1 Applications
- vATM: VMware vSphere Adaptive Task Management
- An Anomaly Event Correlation Engine: Identifying Root Causes, Bottlenecks, and Black Swans in IT Environments
- Simplifying Virtualization Management with Graph Databases
- Autonomous Resource Sharing for Multi-Threaded Workloads in Virtualized Servers