I was troubleshooting VMware Data Recovery today and found an interesting article in the VMware KB for enabling verbose logging for Data Recovery through the GUI instead of by modifying the datarecovery.ini:
- In the vSphere Client, select Home > Solutions and Applications > VMware Data Recovery.
- Enter the virtual machine name or IP address of the backup appliance and click Connect.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Hold down the Shift key, and click Log under Configure. The Verbose log interface appears.
- Click Client Log, Appliance Operations Log, or Appliance Assert Log tab on the right-side pane to view the information you require.
- To modify the logging level, hold down the Shift key and click Refresh Log in the top-right corner. The Logging Level control appears.
- Click the up or down arrow to modify the default settings.
Please keep in mind that verbose logging is for troubleshooting purposes only and should not be enabled by default.