While most virtualization vendors are still catching up on VMware Virtual Infrastructure 3.5, VMware prepares for the official unveiling of the next generation of virtualization software! April 21 – 2009, mark that date! It’s the dawn of a new era! I know that it’s way over the top, but you can’t half imagine how excited I am about this upcoming announcement!
Just some highlights of what VMware is launching.
- Saves enough energy to power Denmark for 10 days
- Frees up enough storage to host 50 times the current volume of photos on Facebook
- Offers 4 times more memory per virtual machine
- Handles 8,900 transactions per second in a virtual machine
- Handles 3 times eBay’s daily traffic on a single server
- Supports 4 times more operating systems than the competition