Today I encountered a weird phenomenon which I did not encounter yet. I installed the VMware Converter Plugin for VirtualCenter client, so far so good. Only thing left to do was to tick the checkbox to enable the plugin. But as soon as I ticked it the VirtualCenter client crashed without any warning. I rebooted the server, and tried it again… without any luck unfortunately. I reinstalled the plugin, again no luck… I checked the wonderful VMTN forum and someone already solved this problem, it’s due to the “ssleay32.dll” in the system32 directory which is incompatible with the one VMware converter uses. Remove it, and everything will work like it should! If this doesn’t work, check out this follow-up.